Companies jostle for position at venture capital caucus
October 2, 2006
A record number of Nevada companies at least 11 are scheduled to present at the 6th Annual Silver & Gold Venture Capital Conference Tuesday and Wednesday.
That compares with last year, when three participating companies were from Nevada.
The event sponsored by Nevada’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology and Golden Capital Network and co-sponsored by the Sierra Angels, will bring about 30 growth companies together to make presentations to more than 50 venture capital funds and angel investors.
Dave Archer, managing director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology, said the growing number of Nevada companies presenting at the conferece reflects the number and sophistication of entrepreneurs in the state as well as the increased importance of the conference.
Northern Nevada companies scheduled to make presentations to the venture capitalists include:
* BioDiesel of Sparks, a manufacturer processing equipment to convert used and fresh vegetable oil into clean burning biodiesel fuel.
Recommended Stories For You
* Blackbocks of Minden, a developer of software applications for business.
* Bonanza of Carson City, which developed a battery-operated personal elevator.
* Creative Marketing Solutions of Reno, a marketing agency.
* DSSP of Reno, a developer of rockets.
* JoDog Sport of Reno, which developed a step to ease access into the bed of a truck.
* Kamp-Rite Tent Cot of Lovelock, developer of a product that combines a personal tent and a cot.
* Keneisys Corp. of Reno, a developer of a cybersecurity system.
* Mariah Power of Reno, which has developed vertical-axis wind turbines.
* Pindi Products of Reno, a developer of radiomolecular magnetics, a way of taking bone scans as a security measure.
* Understand.com of Reno, which creates Web-based educational programs to explain medical conditions and procedures.
The Peppermill Hotel hosts the event. For a complete agenda, go to http://www.goldencapital.net/Events/6th_Silver__Gold_Agenda.asp.