EDAWN Existing Industry Awards
Nominations for the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) 5th Annual Existing Industry Awards closes on Wednesday, August 31, 2016. This event is designed to highlight the accomplishments and outstanding contributions of the region’s existing primary companies. Companies or individuals interested in nominating your own company or your favorite primary company in any of nine categories are encouraged to do so.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
– Nominations close: Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2016
– Registration to attend awards event opens: September 15, 2016
– Awards Event: Thursday, October 13, 2016 at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
– Company must be located in Washoe County, Tahoe Reno Industrial Center or Fernley
– Company must generate the majority of their revenue from outside the state
– Company has been in business in the region since at least January 1, 2016
HOW TO NOMINATE
– Complete the nomination form on the EDAWN website: http://edawn.org/existing-business/existing-industry-awards/
“This is a great opportunity for the community to support existing companies who employ local Nevadans, and who make significant contributions to the economic vitality of the region and the community each and every day,” comments Mike Kazmierski, President and CEO of EDAWN in a press release.
Reno’s median home price jumped to $413,405 in November, a 4 percent increase from the same month a year ago. Meanwhile, across greater Reno-Sparks, November’s median price of $400,000 remained unchanged from October.