BLM seeks comment on geothermal project
November 16, 2017
The Bureau of Land Management, Mount Lewis Field Office, has prepared and made available for public comment an Environmental Assessment (EA) for the Phase III McGinness Hills Geothermal Expansion Project.
The first McGinness Hills geothermal plant was established in July, 2012 and has been producing renewable power. In an addendum to the McGinness Hills Geothermal Development Project, Ormat Inc. is proposing the addition of new Phase III facilities that will total approximately 42 acres.
The Project is located approximately 71 miles south of Battle Mountain.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe weather: Season snow totals near 400 inches; more on tap this week
- Don’t forget: March 19 deadline for Sierra Nevada Powerful Women nominations
- Kamala Harris to headline Carson City fundraiser April 2
- Reno-Sparks real estate: Have we reached the tipping point? (opinion)
- Reno to host Northern Nevada Opportunity Zone Summit