BRIEFS: New senior center in Fernley
December 28, 2017
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners recently approved a Construction Agreement with the William N. Pennington Foundation to construct a new Senior Center in Fernley.
The William N. Pennington Foundation awarded Lyon County $3 million to build a facility that will serve as a Senior Center and provide Lyon County with office space for the Human Services Department. The funding will cover almost half of the cost to build the facility.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Crews begin revitalization work at Tahoe’s Cal Neva property
- Carson City Holiday Inn sold for $12.5 million
- Reno airport adds 10th airline; new nonstop routes to Portland offered
- Business of using ketamine to treat depression, PTSD, other ailments is growing
- NV colleges seek $1.5 billion; state employee pay raise part of reason