Communities In Schools (CIS) of Northeastern Nevada receive local donations
July 12, 2017
Communities In Schools (CIS) of Northeastern Nevada recently received large donations in support of their teen counseling program from Newmont Mining Corporation, as well as Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital (NNRH).
Both community partners opted to support the counseling program with donations of $10,000 each. The program is an ongoing partnership between CIS of Northeastern Nevada and The Practice, University of Nevada, Las Vegas' (UNLV) community counseling clinic that provides counseling services free of charge to at-risk youth via interactive video conferencing.
CIS of Northeastern Nevada is one of three regional centers operated by CIS of Nevada in the state. As affiliates of the nation's most effective dropout prevention organization, CIS of Nevada provides students with whatever they need in their lives that will make them most successful in the classroom on their way to graduation.
For more information on CIS of Nevada and its mission, visit http://www.cisnevada.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada brothel industry on shaky ground as possible ban looms in Lyon County
- YPN 20 under 40 nominees announced
- Galaxy Theatres opens 13-screen Sparks location in Victorian Square
- Reno, Sparks, UNR to Lime: Pump the brakes on e-scooters
- The curious and questionable case of Lime and DoorDash in Reno (opinion)