Douglas County approves 2017-2018 budget
May 17, 2017
The Douglas County Board of County Commissioners voted 5-0 to approve the final budgets for Douglas County, Douglas County Redevelopment and the Towns of Gardnerville, Genoa and Minden on May 15.
The Chief Financial Officer, Vicki Moore, presented the final balanced budgets that totaled $182 million for fiscal year 2017-2018. As part of the budget process, the 5-year Capital Improvement Program was also presented and voted. The current budget has $20.7 million available to fund capital improvement projects. 72%, or $15 million, of the $20.7 million has been identified to fund infrastructure projects for fiscal year 2017-2018.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Crews begin revitalization work at Tahoe’s Cal Neva property
- Reno airport adds 10th airline; new nonstop routes to Portland offered
- NV colleges seek $1.5 billion; state employee pay raise part of reason
- Business of using ketamine to treat depression, PTSD, other ailments is growing
- Canada company to acquire Silver State Relief in $50 million deal