Finalists named for 2016 Workforce Innovation Grants
July 5, 2017
The Governor's Office of Workforce Innovation (OWINN) has selected five northern Nevada organizations as finalists for its' fiscal year 2016 Workforce Innovation Grants.
Organizations selected were: Community Services Agency-Career Link; Northern Nevada Literacy Council; Ridge House-Re-Entry Career Pathways Workforce Program; Truckee Meadows Community College-Certified Nursing Assistant Program for English Language Learners; and the Northern Nevada Electrical Joint Apprentice and Training Committee-Pre-Apprentice Boot Camp.
The grants support organizations that are actively working to reduce employment barriers for youth, adults, and the re-entry population to grow their impact. Finalists received awards ranging from $65,000 to $150,000. The grant was opened to a wide range of organizations, including nonprofits, accredited institutions of higher education, state agencies, employers, and others.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada brothel industry on shaky ground as possible ban looms in Lyon County
- YPN 20 under 40 nominees announced
- Galaxy Theatres opens 13-screen Sparks location in Victorian Square
- Reno, Sparks, UNR to Lime: Pump the brakes on e-scooters
- The curious and questionable case of Lime and DoorDash in Reno (opinion)