Groundbreaking commences on Phase 2 of the Storey County Youth and Community Resource Center
May 24, 2017
Ground was broken last week on Phase 2 of the Storey County Youth and Community Resource Center, located at 175 E. Carson Street in Virginia City.
Construction was made possible by a collaboration between Community Chest, Inc., along with an group of donors and volunteers.
Community Chest, Inc. was founded in 1991 with the vision to build the center. Storey County donated the land, and Phase 1 was completed over three years ago. The additional building space will provide a permanent home to the Virginia City library and tech center, along with youth programs, performing arts, healthcare resources and public meeting area.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe introduce parking program
- Sparks business manufactures new Reno flag: news briefs, week of May 7
- Business Leads from Northern Nevada Business Weekly for April 9-13, 2018
- Professional Saleswomen of Nevada announces finalists for SWOTY award
- Saint Mary’s adds online urgent care check-in
- Carson City Holiday Inn sold for $12.5 million
- Crews begin revitalization work at Tahoe’s Cal Neva property
- Reno airport adds 10th airline; new nonstop routes to Portland offered
- Business of using ketamine to treat depression, PTSD, other ailments is growing
- When it comes to taxes, Nevada is a great place to retire