Itronics starts silver bullion production
May 24, 2017
Itronics Inc., a Reno-based diversified zinc fertilizer and silver producing green technology company, has started silver bullion production using e-scrap (ground up computer circuit boards) as a "cost reducing" precious metal bearing raw material. E-scrap is readily available in large quantities, creating the opportunity to expand the breakthrough recovery operation in phases to a meaningful commercial scale.
Itronics has done more than 20 test melts using one of its large furnaces and this generated part of the bullion shipped early this year and has subsequently produced several hundred ounces of bullion not yet shipped. The test melts have been working well so the Company has put its second large melting furnace into operation. Itronics is now operating both furnaces and is establishing an operating schedule for bullion production.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Canada company to acquire Silver State Relief in $50 million deal
- NV colleges seek $1.5 billion; state employee pay raise part of reason
- Crews begin revitalization work at Tahoe’s Cal Neva property
- Business of using ketamine to treat depression, PTSD, other ailments is growing
- Reno airport adds 10th airline; new nonstop routes to Portland offered