Mt. Rose Ski stays family-owned
December 8, 2017
Fritz Buser, owner of Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, has transferred the majority interest in the North Lake Tahoe/Reno ski area to his children and grandchildren.
Fritz became the company's majority shareholder in 1971 and has controlled the growth and direction of Mt. Rose ever since, including the merger with Slide Mountain in 1987. Buser's son, Kurt, has served as executive president of the company for the last 20 years, and Paul Senft has served as general manager since 1992.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Canada company to acquire Silver State Relief in $50 million deal
- Crews begin revitalization work at Tahoe’s Cal Neva property
- Reno airport adds 10th airline; new nonstop routes to Portland offered
- NV colleges seek $1.5 billion; state employee pay raise part of reason
- Business of using ketamine to treat depression, PTSD, other ailments is growing