NDOT honors Comstock Mining
December 14, 2017
Comstock Mining and other entities were presented a Nevada Excellence in Mine Reclamation Award for Abandoned Mine Lands Hazard Mitigation by the Nevada Department of Transportation at its meeting Dec. 11.
Comstock's work included the rebuilding of State Route 342 and reclamation of historic mine features.
During a period of heavy precipitation in 2015, cracks were detected in State Route 342 located adjacent to Comstock Mining's Lucerne Mine operations near Gold Hill in Storey County. Comstock Mining, in a collaborative effort with NDOT and Storey County, engineered to rebuild and align the highway. Also, a new permanent channel was constructed for Gold Canyon Creek, and SR 342 was realigned for safety and stability.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Reno pizzeria employing disabled persons receives national recognition
- Chris Dancy, ‘the most connected human on earth,’ keynotes Aug. 24 WIN breakfast
- Chick-Fil-A coming to Carson City
- Sports book operator fined $250,000 by Nevada regulators
- Reno Women’s Leadership Initiative kickoff event set for Aug. 21