Nevada Demographer’s Office reports state population continues to grow
March 22, 2018
The Nevada Demographer's Office recently released its 2017 population estimates, which show the state has added an estimated 33,300 people to its population since 2016, bringing the total population toto 2,986,700. This translates to a gain of 1.1 percent. U.S. Census Bureau estimates show that population growth in the Silver State is well above that for the nation as a whole.
Northwest Nevada grew to an estimated population of 614,400, and southern Nevada to 2,240,200. Central Nevada and the Interstate 80 mining corridor populations have remained relatively stable since 2010, according to the state.
The population estimates take into account trends in housing units, employment, school enrollment , and the labor force.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada brothel industry on shaky ground as possible ban looms in Lyon County
- VIDEO: 800,000-square-foot S&S Activewear distribution center in Reno to create 350 jobs
- YPN 20 under 40 nominees announced
- Reno, Sparks, UNR to Lime: Pump the brakes on e-scooters
- Galaxy Theatres opens 13-screen Sparks location in Victorian Square