NEWS BRIEF: Nevada DMV terminates contract with Tech Mahindra
February 1, 2018
The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles announced the end to the contract with Tech Mahindra, the contractor hired in April 2016 to upgrade the outdated DMV computer system.
The contract was solicited after lawmakers approved a $114 million system upgrade during the 2015 Legislative Session, including costs for hardware as well as software development. The funding was largely apportioned by assessing a $1 "technology fee" on all DMV transactions. Tech Mahindra was selected after a formal procurement process as mandated by state law.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Lake Tahoe weather: Season snow totals near 400 inches; more on tap this week
- Bently Heritage Distillery in Minden could open by November
- Spaghetti Bowl project: Reno airport freeway ramp to be preserved
- Tahoe ski resorts report 3 feet of snow; another 3-6 feet possible by Sunday