NEWS BRIEF: PPG donates to Sierra Nevada Journeys
February 15, 2018
PPG, a local paint manufacturing company, donated $10,000 to Sierra Nevada Journeys, whose mission is to deliver innovative outdoor, science-based education programs for youth.
The grant will support Classrooms Unleashed (CU), a science education program for elementary students, and will allow the program to expand its reach to support 405 students in Northern Nevada.
The donation was made on behalf of PPG's architectural coatings manufacturing plant and distribution center in Reno.
Trending In: News Briefs
- EDAWN: Record number of tech companies relocate to Reno-Sparks in 2018
- $4.5 million Nevada Historical Society building swap with UNR on hold
- GOED director: Tesla’s billion-dollar investment diversifying Nevada economy
- Report: At 7,059 employees, Tesla Gigafactory exceeds promised employment
- Luxury real estate company Engel & Völkers expanding to Reno