NEWS BRIEF: TMCC gets funding for Jump Start cohort program
February 1, 2018
The Governor's Office of Economic Development, Workforce Innovations for a New Nevada (WINN) has awarded Truckee Meadows Community College a grant that will support two Jump Start cohort groups in the spring semester.
Students will earn three college credits, and eligibility for a $17-an-hour job at the Gigafactory for Tesla, Inc. or Panasonic Energy of North America.
Two Electrical and Mechanical Technology (ELM) classes will be taught at Hug and Sparks high schools by TMCC Instructor Alexander Majewski.
In addition, the Nevada Department of Education (NDE) awarded a grant for $161,000 that will fund many other college Jump Start courses, including English Composition sections.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Lake Tahoe weather: Season snow totals near 400 inches; more on tap this week
- Bently Heritage Distillery in Minden could open by November
- Spaghetti Bowl project: Reno airport freeway ramp to be preserved
- Tahoe ski resorts report 3 feet of snow; another 3-6 feet possible by Sunday