Safety Consultation and Training Section takes over state’s Voluntary Protection Programs
June 30, 2017
Safety Consultation and Training Section (SCATS) will take over the responsibility of overseeing Nevada's Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) starting in July.
VPP had been previously administered under Nevada's Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Enforcement section. The move will consolidate all OSHA employer recognition programs in Nevada under SCATS and help more Nevada employers gain access to the nationally-recognized VPP.
Businesses interested in the VPP or any other OSHA employer recognition programs in Nevada may contact SCATS 1-877-4SAFENV or visit http://www.4safenv.state.nv.us.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Legal pot in Nevada, 1 year later: Employers working through haze of uncertainty regarding medical, recreational use
- $1.5 million OK’d in more staff for Nevada’s blooming pot industry
- 2 buildings at North Valleys Commerce Center sold for $81 million
- Marina Marketplace in Sparks sold for $4.45 million
- Legal pot in Nevada, one year later: Miles Construction, the contractor behind MedMen projects, capitalizing on a booming industry