TravelNevada launches latest Discover Your Nevada campaign
May 30, 2017
The Nevada Division of Tourism (TravelNevada) will launch its annual Discover Your Nevada campaign this month to encourage Nevadans to explore and discover the Silver State this summer.
The campaign is a cooperative program with the Nevada Department of Education, which runs an essay contest for Nevada eighth-graders, the winners of which will be taken on an "ultimate field trip" in the state.
TravelNevada has developed six road-trip routes around the state, and travelers who "check in" via social media on the routes from Memorial Day through Labor Day using the hashtag #discoverNV17 will earn $1 toward a Field Trip Fund. In the fall, the Department of Education will conduct an essay contest among eighth-grade students to award the ultimate end-of-year field trip to the winning student.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Canada company to acquire Silver State Relief in $50 million deal
- NV colleges seek $1.5 billion; state employee pay raise part of reason
- Crews begin revitalization work at Tahoe’s Cal Neva property
- Business of using ketamine to treat depression, PTSD, other ailments is growing
- Reno airport adds 10th airline; new nonstop routes to Portland offered