D. Scott Barr
October 21, 2016
D. Scott Barr has been named to the Board of Directors for Pershing Gold Corp.
Barr, who has more than 35 years experience in the metallurgical and mine operations industry, formerly was an executive at Newmont Mining Corp., as well as executive vice president/COO and technical advisor at Golden Star Resources Ltd., and vice president and general manger, chief metallurgist and vice president of process operations at Independence Mining Company (previously Freeport Gold Co.).
He has served as a director on the board of Seabridge Gold Inc., since 2011.
Barr earned a masters of science degree in metallurgical engineering from the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno and a bachelor's of science degree in metallurgical engineering and chemical engineering from the University of Idaho.
Trending In: People
- Joy joins Harrah’s and Harvey’s Lake Tahoe
- Kellen Flanigan hired at Dickson Realty: NNBW people briefs, week of April 16
- Dr. Tiffany G. Tyler-Garner new state jobs director – NNBV People briefs for Feb. 2019
- Ernest Figueroa named Nevada State Consumer Advocate and Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Farrihn Enos
- Today last day for Sierra Nevada Powerful Women nominations
- Lake Tahoe weather: Season snow totals near 400 inches; more on tap this week
- 3 Nevada horse facilities quarantined due to herpes virus
- NCET, turning 20 this year, has greatly evolved since its TechAlliance roots
- Taking a look at Reno hotel development and opportunity zones