October 21, 2016
Sparks Mayor Geno Martini was selected as 2016 Public Official of the Year by the Nevada League of Cities & Municipalities (NLCM).
The annual award recipient is nominated and selected by local elected officials throughout the state. Martini was nominated for, among other endeavors, his participation in the creation of the Community Assistance Center that provides shelter and support for individuals and families in crisis throughout the Reno-Sparks community.
Trending In: People
- Joy joins Harrah’s and Harvey’s Lake Tahoe
- Kellen Flanigan hired at Dickson Realty: NNBW people briefs, week of April 16
- Dr. Tiffany G. Tyler-Garner new state jobs director – NNBV People briefs for Feb. 2019
- Ernest Figueroa named Nevada State Consumer Advocate and Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Farrihn Enos
- Today last day for Sierra Nevada Powerful Women nominations
- Lake Tahoe weather: Season snow totals near 400 inches; more on tap this week
- 3 Nevada horse facilities quarantined due to herpes virus
- NCET, turning 20 this year, has greatly evolved since its TechAlliance roots
- Taking a look at Reno hotel development and opportunity zones