October 21, 2016
Ginny Davis has been named chief advancement officer for the Community Foundation of Western Nevada.
Davis, who has more than three decades of experience in fundraising, marketing, communications and strategic business development, previously served as the senior director of development for the College of Biological Sciences at the University of Nevada, Reno. She also completed a 5-year appointment for the United States Olympic Committee as Director of Marketing, Communications and Business Development for USA Water Polo and USA Field Hockey. Davis founded and produced the first-ever, all-women's bike ride across the U.S. for breast cancer, Pedal for the Cure/America's Breast Cancer Ride. For this endeavor, she was recognized two times with the "Mark of Excellence" Award from the National Public Relations Society of America. Early in her career, Davis held senior management positions with Anheuser-Busch in Dallas, Texas, including national director for the company's IronKids programs.
Trending In: People
- Today last day for Sierra Nevada Powerful Women nominations
- Lake Tahoe weather: Season snow totals near 400 inches; more on tap this week
- 3 Nevada horse facilities quarantined due to herpes virus
- NCET, turning 20 this year, has greatly evolved since its TechAlliance roots
- Kamala Harris to headline Carson City fundraiser April 2