Jan Leggett, Margaret Cavin
October 21, 2016
Jan Leggett has been elected chairman and Margaret Cavin was re-elected treasurer of the Nevada State Contractors Board.
Leggett, manager and qualified employee with Moana Nursery in Reno, was first appointed to the Board by Governor Brian Sandoval in November 2012. He is past president of the Northern Nevada Landscape and Irrigation Council and chairperson of the Government Affairs Committee of the Northern Nevada Associated General Contractors.
Leggett succeeds Guy Wells, who served as chairman since July 2012.
Cavin was first appointed to the board in January of 2000 and was the first woman to serve as chair. She is co-founder of J & J Mechanical Inc. with 30 years' experience in the construction industry.
She is past president of the Nevada Chapter of the Associated General Contractors.
Trending In: People
- Bently Heritage Distillery in Minden could open by November
- Tesla layoffs will impact staff at Gigafactory near Reno
- Downtown Reno employment center seeing up to 1,400 job-seekers a month
- Reno-Sparks real estate: Have we reached the tipping point? (opinion)
- Reno area businesses get boost from Nevada basketball team’s success