Nevada Rural Housing Authority’s Community Development Group
September 8, 2017
John Alphson has been named director of the Nevada Rural Housing Authority's Community Development Group. Alphson has experience and expertise in the office, industrial, retail and multi-family real estate sectors, specifically in the commercial real estate industry and predominantly in the western U.S. He has closed more than $600 million in direct commercial real estate transactions, which include ground-up real estate development, debt/equity capital raise, acquisitions and dispositions, and leasing.
Alphson earned a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Cambridge and a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and English from the University of California-Berkeley. Luwana Ferguson of Gardnerville has joined its Board of Commissioners for the Nevada Rural Housing Authority (NRHA). Ferguson has been a volunteer with Section 8 housing programs for the past three years. She also lived in Southern California and worked for the Stuntwomen's Association of Motion Pictures as well as doing product research for Interviewing Service of America.
Trending In: People
- Crews begin revitalization work at Tahoe’s Cal Neva property
- Carson City Holiday Inn sold for $12.5 million
- Reno airport adds 10th airline; new nonstop routes to Portland offered
- Business of using ketamine to treat depression, PTSD, other ailments is growing
- NV colleges seek $1.5 billion; state employee pay raise part of reason