Ramon Acosta joins Joey Gilbert Law
May 24, 2017
Ramon Acosta, an attorney, has joined Reno-based Joey Gilbert Law.
Acosta has nearly 30 years of experience as an attorney, having served seven years as an Assistant Federal Defender in the Western District of Texas and the District of Nevada, where he served courts in Reno and Las Vegas. During his tenure, he represented more than 1,200 indigent defendants in U.S. District Courts in a variety of federal proceedings, including those involving immigration detention.
He also currently serves as chief judge with the Tribal Court for the Walker River Paiute Tribe in Schurz, and is an associate judge with the Reno Sparks Indian Colony.
Trending In: People
- Reno-Sparks apartment rents soaring; monthly average tops $1,300 in Q2
- Tesla awards $1.5 million for education in Nevada
- Canada company to acquire Silver State Relief in $50 million deal
- Marshalls, HomeGoods store coming to Sparks; 120 new jobs expected
- After $10 sale, Reno’s historic Borland-Clifford House ready for move